Monday 16 March 2009

First morning at the new house

Sunday was the first morning we woke up at our new house. Seeing as it was sunny, we thought it would be rude not to take a walk on the beach before church.
A few others were doing the same thing, giving their horses a chance to enjoy the beach while it was still empty:

I think I'm going to get some good pictures of seabirds here, these are a few I got just while we were walking along. The gulls were riding the updraft due to the wind hitting the dunes.
I'm sure in that last one the second gull is hoping to swallow the first one!

We also went up to the wood on Saturday with some friends. Pictures to follow this evening, as there's work to be done first...

Mike

p.s. leave a comment to tell me what you think of the larger photo format. Too big? Or just right?

2 comments:

La Ferme de Sourrou said...

I like the larger format, your blog is photo-based (With good info too!) and it's good to get a closer view of what's going on.

You're so lucky to live near a beach like that!

Rev. Peter Doodes said...

May I wish you both well in your new house and I Like the photos.