I'm reluctantly selling my Sky-Watcher Explorer 200 telescope, and thought I should post it on my blog before putting it on ebay, in case anyone I know is interested - I'd like to see it go to a good home. I'm selling it due to a lack of time to use it (something to do with managing a woodland...) and a lack of space to store it at home. Here's some of the pics I've taken with it, with the assistance of the free Registax software for combining multiple images:
The telescope is on an EQ-5 mount with an RA motor drive (essential to keep the telescope tracking where you point it as the earth rotates). To buy the telescope and mount new today would cost about £430, and the motor drive is separate at about £70, so that's £500 in total. I'm open to reasonable offers, so email me if you're interested.
Here's all the details:
- Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x40, x100
- Maximum practical magnification potential: x400
- Diameter of primary mirror: 200mm
- Telescope focal length: 1000mm (f/5)
- Eyepieces supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- Dual-fit 1.25"/2" focuser, which can also take T-ring adaptor for SLR cameras
- 0.5mm secondary mirror supports
- 9x50 Finderscope
- Direct SLR camera connection
- Camera mount on top of the telescope mount
- EQ5 deluxe heavy-duty equatorial mount, with RA motor drive installed
- Built-in polar alignment scope holder
- Stainless steel tripod with accessory tray
- RA motor drive controller and battery pack, with adaptors to allow you to use AA batteries with it (batteries not included)
- Instruction manuals for telescope and RA motor drive
- All in good working order, with a few scratches on the outside of the tube - these are only cosmetic, caused when rotating the telescope in the mount while in use.
And here's some pictures of the kit - hover over them for info, and click for larger versions:
It can't really be posted, so must be collected, though I can deliver it for a suitable fee for fuel use, and would be happy to give a lesson in setting it up and using it. Do post comments if you have questions, or email me directly if you are interested in buying it. It'll be going on ebay in a couple of days...
I also have some other eyepieces for higher magnification (200x and 250x), but I'm selling these separately as they're about £35 each when new.