Sunday 20 January 2013

Snow in the woods Jan 2013

With the snow over the last few days, I did of course have to make a trip to the wood to see how it was looking! I'd been busy at a Recycle Swap Shop earlier on Saturday, and as I had the trailer with me for that, I collected some Holly we'd felled into the garden of a woodland neighbour and headed into the woods with it...

DSC_5533 logs and snow in the woods

There's a moderate amount of snow, but not as much as last winter:
DSC_5543 snow in the woods

DSC_5542 snow in the woods

DSC_5537 logs and snow in the woods

I got the Holly moved onto the stack of green wood, and split up the big lumps - looking forward to burning these heavy logs in a couple of years!
DSC_5539 logs and snow in the woods

Not sure we're going to get any more snow in the coming week or so, but there's still all of February...

Mike

No comments: