Friday 19 March 2010

Wood anenome excitement!

I popped up to the woodland today to cut up some logs for the children at the local school. They are learning about construction and they wanted to have some natural materials. Despite the drizzle it was nice to be up there again with the smell of the chainsaw fumes!

The best thing though, is that I saw some wood anemone beginning to grow. Some even had the beginnings of flowers. Soon the woodland floor will be white and green. Wonderful. Spring is a little late in coming this year, but I hope that once this rain passes everything will bounce back to life.
Can't wait.
and the children love their bits of wood! I will try to get some pictures of what they create next week
Tracy

1 comment:

Worthing Wanderer said...

My favourite! I hope we get as good a show as we did last year...