Monday 6 February 2012

Snow scenes from the woods

Yesterday I posted pictures of snow in Rye, and now here's some from the woods. I'm just going to post a selection of the ones I took, you can view the full set on Flickr (higher resolution there too).

DSC_3297

It was pretty chilly, but we were wrapped up warm, and took along some food for the birds...
DSC_3283

We didn't stop to sit round the camp fire...
DSC_3324

But we did get the same photo we've taken in the past, with snow on the Sweep Wood sign:
DSC_3298


There were a few trees that had managed to catch enough snow to bend or fall, like this Birch and Hazel:
DSC_3308


DSC_3289


The wayleave had something of a blockage too...
DSC_3316


Sadly our Alder Buckthorn had also fallen over:
DSC_3325

So we grabbed a bow saw and did some emergency coppicing so it could go back into the ground. Hopefully it'll recover...

I'll finish of with some of my favourites from the pics I took:
DSC_3323


DSC_3321


DSC_3313


DSC_3304


DSC_3295


DSC_3294


DSC_3282


DSC_3286


Mike

2 comments:

Worthing Wanderer said...

It looks absolutely wonderful covered with snow! I bet you had a whale of a time in the woods!

Mike Pepler said...

Thanks! It was great, we've had snow every winter so far...